Tis the season to bring out those cozy sweaters and decorated pumpkins! We know the end of the year can get busy with planning for the holidays and the last thing you want to worry about is what dish you'll bring to the next family function. Not to worry though. We're here to share with you one of Feast's signature side dishes that will be a definite show stopper for all your guests!
Butternut Squash Infused Mashed Potatoes
***Recipe Yields for 10 People***
- 1tbsp roasted garlic buds (approximately 3 garlic cloves)
- 3lbs yukon gold potatoes (large)
- 1lb butternut squash
- 4oz butter (at room temperature)
- 1tbsp granulated onion
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- A dash (2 teaspoons) of salt & pepper to taste
- Bucket of water for raw peeled -potatoes
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fill cooking pot 3/4 to the top with water and bring to a boil.
- While water is boiling, peel your potatoes and cut in half. Put your cut potatoes in your bucket of cold water to prevent any discoloration.
- Cut butternut squash in half and scoop out all of the seeds.
- Rub butternut squash with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast butternut squash in the oven for 15 - 20 min or until soft. Set aside and let cool.
- Roast garlic buds in oven for 5-9 min or until golden brown.
- While the butternut squash is roasting, add potatoes to the boiling water.
- Cook potatoes until tender or to preferred softness.
- Remove garlic buds from oven and set aside.
- Remove the butternut squash from the oven and begin scooping out from the skin then set aside.
- Strain water from the potatoes, then put into a mixing bowl or into a big mixer (for larger amounts). If using the big mixer, use the whisk adapter.
- Add into the mixer: roasted butternut squash, roasted garlic buds, butter, granulated onion, and heavy cream (don't pour all of it in though).
- Begin mixing.
- While still mixing, gradually add heavy cream until your preferred smoothness.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Lastly, garnish with a sprig of thyme or rosemary and serve hot!
There you have it! Now you have the secret to our signature Butternut Squash Infused Mashed Potatoes to bring to your next family function or to any other party! Enjoy!